Future Fit Program
with James E. Piety
WHAT IS FUTURE FIT?
Future Fit is a program designed to enhance technical skills for individuals who seek a career in advanced manufacturing. Access a printable information flyer.
Learn more about:
- Arithmetic & Mathematics
- Thinking skills
- Basic Print Reading
- Machine Operations
- Interpersonal Skills
- Personal Qualities
WHAT TO EXPECT
Future Fit provides the training to obtain the skills needed to be competitive when looking for entry-level employment in the field of manufacturing regardless of your job history.
Future Fit trainees will be screened for participation in the Working for Independence (WIN) Grant program which provides pre-employment training support and wraparound services designed to reduce employment barriers through a three-stage process. Stage 1 consists of 96 hours of on-campus training, Stage 2 consists of 160 hours of on-the-job training, and Stage 3 consists of full-time employment with an hourly pay up to $2.00 above the standard base hourly pay if employed by a participating business/industry partner.
Qualifying WIN Grant participants will receive the following incentives and services:
- Up to $150 per week paid stipend during Stage 1 (campus-based training) for participants that successfully complete the course learning requirements.*
- Up to $50 per week in paid fuel stipend during Stage 1 (campus-based training) for participants that successfully complete the training requirements.*
- Up to $75 per week paid stipend during Stage 2 (on-the-job training) for up to four weeks of verified work attendance.*
- Access to supportive services and outpatient treatment for those directly or indirectly affected by substance abuse disorders.
*Successful completion of WIN program criteria required to earn stipends. WIN program funds are provided through a WORC (Workforce Opportunity for Rural Communities) 3-DRA Grant funded through U.S. Department of Labor.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or GED
- Career Readiness Certificate - bronze or better
- Transportation to/from UACCB
Future Fit is absolutely free! There is no cost to the participant.
PARTICIPATING INDUSTRY PARTNERS
Although there is no guarantee of employment, you should be actively seeking and willing to consider full time job opportunities in the field of manufacturing at the conclusion of the training. UACCB actively works with the following businesses to connect trainees with employment opportunities:
- Intimidator, Inc.
- Bad Boy Mowers
- Lacroix Optical
- Flowers Baking Company
- Bowman Handles
- Peco Foods
- Georges, Inc.
- Custom Craft Poultry
- Future Fuel Chemical Company
For more information, call 870-612-2074 or email email@example.com.
Oct 10 - Nov 2nd, 2022
Mon - Wed for 4 weeks from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
UACCB Main Campus Bldg
2005 White Drive
Batesville , AR 72501 Get directions